Are you looking for the perfect school management software for your school? Then you need to understand that this is a decision you need to take carefully. Using software for school administration simplifies tasks and makes it easier for the school processes to run efficiently. However if proper care is not taken, it often results in frustration and ultimately loss of money. It is important to have a strategy to select software that will run the institution without downtime, and also improve the efficiency and productivity of staff. You should also know that because a software works for another school does not entirely mean it will meet the needs of yours; administrative processes differ from one school to another. In general, a good school software should be able to automate schedules, track students and also handle finances. But it is very important that you consider adequately the following factors while selecting your school management software.
- Analysis & Reports: How to get all the vital information you need fast from anywhere, anytime? Choose a software that can produce powerful charts & reports automatically and updated in real-time.
- Web-Based Solution & Accessibility: You should only adopt a software that provides a web-based solution! Depending on your infrastructure you can decide to host the application online or offline. But the key advantage of online deployment is that the application is accessible anywhere, anytime and on any device. Making it possible for staff, students and even parents to access it even from home. Make sure the software you choose comes with a Mobile App.
- Features, Customization & Integration: Is it customizable and designed to serve large number of users simultaneously? Focus only on providers that are designing flexible models to support your size or complexity. Choose the software that can be seamlessly integrated with your existing system.
- Security: Data security is mission-critical in today’s world and it never matters until something bad happens that breaches your security system. Does the software provide transparent information about their security? Check for robust role-based permissions, single sign-on and strong multi-factor authentication.
- Consistent Updates/Upgrades: it is essential to implement a solution that will keep evolving and continue to get better with time. Applications that are constantly upgraded, taking into consideration the trends in new technology, usually meet this standard.
Finally, the primary objective of every school is to pass knowledge to its students. Any software application that is not positively contributing to the school’s knowledge base does nothing but hinder its growth in all aspects. That is why we at O’sigla Resources don’t just create products, but we ensure that we meet needs. Our school management software Eduplus meets the above criteria, and is flexible such that it can be customized to meet your specific needs. If you choose it, you are on the right track.
Attendance is one of those administrative tasks that must be done at the start of each class. It can take up valuable time at the beginning of class and sometimes be difficult to manage. Here is a testimony of school teacher about the effect Attendance taking has on his class:“If I take attendance by hand, I have to look at student, write it down and go to the next student,” he says. “If the check takes five minutes in a 50-minute class, that’s taking up 10 percent of a class just on attendance.”In order to make this process simpler, O’sigla resources developed a Students Online Attendance system which is an integral part of their school administrative software system called Eduplus.
Attendance books traditionally are big grids with tiny squares that are hard to read and can be easy to make errors in. With the Students Online Attendance system, taking and managing attendance is no longer a hassle. The easy to use online attendance pages make taking attendance quick and less prone to errors.
Another fascinating function of this Students Online Attendance system is that Attendance information can be immediately shared with parents or guardians to help them keep track of their students. Once a teacher saves the attendance record for the period, Eduplus automatically posts the attendance information to the appropriate Parent Portal without any further action from teachers. Parents can check in with the school through the Parent Portal or Mobile App once a day, once a week, or even period-by-period to ensure their students are attending their classes.
This Students Online Attendance system also Notifies parents automatically by email if their child is absent or tardy, and when the attendance status changes. It is another way that Eduplus helps keep parents actively involved in their student’s education.
Finally, No more manual entering of attendance in the report cards, Eduplus. report card can automatically pull the attendance data. All these and much more are the benefits available on Eduplus. and its Students Online Attendance system. Click Here Now to begin your hassle free school administration
Past and Current Trends in Parent-Teacher Communication
Parent-teacher communication is vital to the child’s learning process. Although, teachers play an important part in a child’s learning, we cannot underestimate the involvement of the parent. The parent needs to be in the loop about their child’s educational growth and progress. Technology brings the two together by providing a medium for teachers to connect with parents anywhere, anytime.
In the recent past, there are many ways technology has aided connection between the teachers and the parent on the progress of a child such as newsletter, communication books, school website, phone calls, PTA, open day. However, these methods are not sufficient enough to keep parents in the loop 24/7, anytime, anywhere. In today’s climate, parents are responding to increased expectations, economic pressures, and time constraints. In these changing times, parents really want to hear about their child’s academic performance and behavioral expectations, and demand that schools provide such information in a timely manner.
As technology continues to evolve, schools and their teachers have the opportunity to enhance communication and engage parents ‘on the go’ by utilizing technology tools. These tools give both parents and teachers the ability to work as a team and create the best possible environments to foster physical, emotional and intellectual well-being for students.
5 Tools that Help Parent-Teacher Communication
- Social Media: Social networks have become quite popular in regards to enhancing parent-teacher communication. School staff members are giving parents instant updates, news, and information about their children’s schools through Twitter & Facebook updates
- Mobile Apps: Teachers can make use of free and online applications to communicate and collaborate with busy parents who want to know what’s going on in class, how their students are performing and what feedback to give teachers in a convenient way for them
- Video Chat applications: Popular ones such as Skype & Google Hangouts allow teachers to make themselves easily accessible to parents they may not be able to meet in person.There are even tools that allow multiple participants to communicate with one another to share ideas in live online collaboration sessions, which will be useful during PTAs
- Eduplus School management System: Some School Management Systems allow parents to view student information, results and attendance, respond to school requests and make payments. Eduplus School management System is an excellent example of a School Management System that allows parents to track students’ progress across the entire learning curve, it also inform the parent about the child’s attendance through text messages
Parent-Teacher Communication – In a nutshell
No doubt, parents play a pivotal role in a child’s education and schools need to ensure that they involve them every step of the way. Technology tools like Eduplus School management System adds a helping hand by maintaining an open dialogue and a medium to share valuable information with parents so they can feel satisfied that they are kept updated on their child’s performance, attendance & social activities.